- All companies ordering and supplying construction and site services create user accounts unless they have already registered in the veronumero.fi service: constructor, auxiliary contractor, project supervisor, contractor and subcontractor.
- All companies ordering and supplying construction and site services submit information on their employees in the Notify service. The following employee data is required: last name, first name, tax number, social security number, nature of employment and home country.
- In case the employee’s home country is other than Finland, also fill in the fields “address in home country” and “address in Finland”.
- The employer orders VALTTI cards for all his employees. The order is placed using the ordering person’s personal Finnish online banking credentials.
Employee data and a photo are required for the order.
The constructor nominates a project supervisor and occupational safety coordinator, and prepares an occupational safety plan. The project supervisor submits an advance notification of the site to the Regional State Administrative Agency.
- The Site Key collects the information of all contractors and compiles the required monthly reports for each site separately. The Site Key makes it easier for the project supervisor to submit the required monthly reports to the authorities.
- The Site Key is distributed to all subcontractors. The details of companies registered for the site, as well as the joint contract chain, are available in the site register.
- Contract partners register for the site with the Site Key obtained from the electronic site register and enter the business ID of the client, the type of contract, and the start and end dates of the contract into the system.
Building Site Register
- The details of a construction site or a renovation contract are entered into the electronic site register that automatically creates a Site Key for the project supervisor to be further distributed to all partners in the contract chain working on the site.
- The project supervisor is responsible for checking employee identification, tax number and employee details (business ID, address and site contact person), as well as familiarisation before work can start. The project supervisor reports this data to the Tax Administration each month.
- The Vahti service is for maintaining the list of employees and familiarisation data required by the Occupational Safety and Health Act. It includes the persons familiarised for the site and a list of employees needed by the Regional State Administrative Agency when making site inspections.
- The constructor submits monthly reports on his own partners´ contract sums and invoice details.
Project supervisor’s obligations
- The project supervisor nominates a responsible person for the site. The project supervisor is also responsible for fulfilling the following obligations: general safety, the use of ID cards with a photo on the site, and the up to date employee list.
- Each month, the project supervisor reports the employees, employers, rented, and independent workers working at the site. The details required are names and contact information, home country, nature of employment and duration of contract.
- The project supervisor reports its own contract partners’ details on a contract information report monthly. The information must include type of contract, duration of contract, location of the site, contract prices and considerations paid to companies in case a single contract exceeds the value of €15,000.
- The contractor shares the Site Key to all of its partners in the contract chain. The contractor reports contract information to the Tax Administration monthly through the Building Site Register. The contractor provides the project supervisor with all required information needed to maintain the list of employees. He also makes sure his own employees use ID cards with a photo when on the site.
- The subcontractor registers to a site with the Site Key provided and shares all information needed for the maintenance of the employee list with the project supervisor. The subcontractor also makes sure his own employees use ID cards with a photo when on the site.
- All contract-related information must be kept for 6 years after site completion. The Building Site Register archives all information submitted to the Tax Administration through the service.
Project supervisor’s obligations
- Employee list information and contract-related information must be kept for 6 years after site completion.The Building Site Register archives all information submitted to the Tax Administration through the service.